Saturday, October 8, 2011

Races

Okay I've decided to get a few more races in this year.  In the past year I've run nine and although it didn't meet my goal of one per month, I'm happy that I will round out the past 12 months with 10 races (one is at the end of the month).

And so I'm now thinking about my plan for the next 12 months.  I will be running a race at the end of the month (Halloween) and I will run the local Turkey Trot again.  I'd love to find a Jingle Bell race even if it is hard to fit something else into December.  (Its worth it just for the outfits I could come up with to wear!)

I'm debating on running the Brookfield series of races again next year or maybe I should branch out and find new races to run.  I'm still only into running about one per month as they do cost money to enter and I don't want to tie up every weekend with races.  My husband is super supportive and comes to every race, but I do want to leave time for hiking, photography, etc.

So I'm wondering how you pick races to run and where you find them?  I have been using the site of a local track club, but I'm interested in branching out, traveling farther, etc.

2012 is going to be my best year yet and I know that making it the best year requires a little mental, physical and emotional preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment