Sunday, October 16, 2011

More Hot Yoga

Okay the day after my first hot yoga class I could hardly walk.  Granted it wasn't my only workout that day but the other workouts don't leave me sore at all.  However, this day I was so sore that I didn't want to brush my hair.  I was sore in places like my ribs and the tops of my feet.  However, I knew I was hooked.

I had to skip yoga the next day but I really wanted to get back as quickly as possible.  Today I went back and tried another type of class.  The last class I tried was power yoga.  This class was restorative.  I had no idea what to expect.

I spoke with the teacher at the start of class and she told me that while the last class had 118 poses, this one had five.  Each pose was very deliberate.  We took time to "get into it" and really stretch out each muscle being used.  We used props.  Each student had two blankets, two blocks, a bolster, a strap and a sand bag.

I had never done anything like this before but I really enjoyed it.  Some of the poses hurt at first but soon felt good.

The point is to align your body and release the tension.  I can't say that I stopped my mind from racing entirely, but I felt wonderfully relaxed afterwards.  I don't feel like I got a fabulous workout from this class, but I felt refreshed.  Its important to take the time to relax and realign like this and I hope to include this class in my routine once a week.

Of course, today was my speed work day and I didn't get to run before hand so after the calm class I did speed work...lol..

I am thus far loving adding hot yoga into my routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment