Friday, April 19, 2013

Road Trip Day Nine

Today was one of the most action packed days of our trips.  I had a run through for my presentation in the morning. Then we headed out to Magazine Street which has lots of unique shops.  We thought it was "just around the corner".  Well it was about three miles down and my feet were ill prepared in their current shoes.

We did have some great coffee and a vegan blondie and I found a great running store!  Instead of buying myself a plain New Orleans tee, I got myself a great running tee and a Sweaty Band with the saying "Live Easy, Run Hard".  I may have fallen in love with a doggie at the store too and it was hard to leave her there, especially because her owner was debating keeping her.


I came back and got ready for my presentation. We had a great time presenting and it was a lot of fun.  The room was packed and the questions and requests for info after are still pouring in.  I'm quite proud of what we did and how we did it.  I think it was a valuable session.

I then went to the CPO reception. It is for organizers who have earned the designation Certified Professional Organizer.  Don't let the name fool you, we know how you have a good time.


After that, we headed out to Emeril's restaurant with the Neat Co. crew.
The food was amazing-we had everything from banana cream pie, to frogs legs, escargot, mac and cheese and great wine.  It was a wonderful New Orleans experience and with great company.  We had a lot of laughs and a lot of fun.....


Just an example of how nice people here are...we were looking for a cab on our way back to the hotel and we accidentally waved down an airport shuttle.  He told us to hop in and took us back!

We are coming up on our last day in the Big Easy so there are lots of things to see and eat!
Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment