Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fuel Belt Review

Although I'm not a marathon runner, I sometimes want some water or fuel on a run.  I had always seen other runners with their various belts and wondered how they worked, etc.  Fuel Belt sent me the Helium four bottle belt and I immediately tried it out.  

The first thing I want to mention is that I received it in pink.  Running gear is ugly most of the time, so a splash of pink is just what I need to make me "run pretty".  

The Fuel belt fit snugly around my hips, but comfortably.  I was concerned that it was going to bother me while running, but once I got going and had it in just the right spot, it didn't bounce at all.  

I only filled two out of the four water bottles.  (I only run about three miles at a time).  The water bottles were the right size and they were easy to open while running.  I did have some difficulty getting them in and out of the elastic holsters.  However, with time I know this would be easier.  

I love the idea that the bottles are dishwasher safe so I can throw them in when I come home from a run and be ready to go the next day.  With using two at a time, I will use two, wash them, use the other two and so on.  

The Helium belt also has a small pouch so you can carry a key, gel, etc.  Usually belts make you chose between water OR carrying things.  

I also liked the material the belt was made of.  It dried quickly and didn't pinch or pill my clothes.  



Want to get one?
Visit Fuel Belt's website here:
http://www.fuelbelt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment