Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chi Running


Everyone wants a little help in order to get running.  Its a common New Years Resolution to get moving, get fit and stay fit.  Well Chi Running is here to help.  The program is designed how to help you take the pain and injury (and work) out of running and give you the tools you need to ENJOY it!

Chi Running was designed by Danny Dreyer and he and his wife have books and DVDs on the topics of Chi Running and Chi Walking.  This summer I read Chi Running and I followed its instructions.  Although I felt awkward at first, I soon found my natural running posture and I was off.  All of a sudden I wasn't sore after my workouts.  I was ENJOYING running.  Instead of feeling
beat up after a run, I felt BETTER.  Who doesn't want that?

I've struggled with my asthma my whole life.  Its always hard for me to "forget about my breathing" and I envied those who could run for miles and not feel like they were dying.  By engaging the Chi Running principles, I was able to run without the feeling of being smothered.  I was able to breathe and I was thrilled.

I will admit, I over ran and I was injured this summer.  It was my own fault.  When I went to my physical therapist, he brought Chi Running back to my attention.  The principles he spoke to me about were those in Chi Running.  I reread the book and I was off and running (no pun intended) again.

I was recently sent the Chi Running DVD and I'm in love all over again.  The DVD is the perfect starting point.  If you don't have the time or patience to read a book, this is a a wonderful use of an hour's time.  The DVD goes over the principles of Chi Running, then takes you into lessons to teach you the principles.  Each lesson is clearly stated and taught by discussing the principle, then getting into the mechanics of it, then reviewing the principle. There are visual displays during each lesson.

While the book was awesome, I love the DVD and I think that
its a wonderful compliment to the book.  Reading the book and then
watching the DVD solidifies the principles, gives you a visual and is fun to watch.  For someone like me who has read the book multiple times, the DVD is a great refresher.

If you are looking for a great starting point to start a workout routine, start with Chi Running or Chi Walking.  If you are looking to give someone you love a little inspiration, this is a great gift.

Chi Running uses the principles of Tai Chi.  Its about finding your balance, your strength and tapping into your inner energy.  Until I started with Chi Running, I was ignorant to the positive effects of becoming aware and present.

Give Chi Running and I promise you will enjoy running even more than you do now.  If you're a beginner, you are going to want to hit the roads before the DVD is even over!

Want to get the book and DVD?  Visit here:

http://www.chirunning.com/shop/home.php

3 comments:

  1. I struggled with leg injuries for months. But after purchasing the ChiRunning book and learning the technique, I have been injury-free ever since. Great gift idea for your running friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JRG,
    Thought you might like this video:
    - ChiRunning Simplified!, Efficient and Injury Free Natural Running Technique
    - http://www.eChifitness.com/chirunningsimplified.html

    Enjoy,
    David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks David! And I agree Trail Jogger.....I have ITB issues and Chi Running saves me from myself..

    ReplyDelete