Monday, August 22, 2011

The Great Debate

I debate everything!  What to eat for lunch, what to do this weekend, what to wear, etc.  Now that I'm racing again, we can add what races to run and when to run them to the mix.

I've been happily running 5ks, a four miler and a five miler.  However, I am considering a 10k.  Not because I have caught the distance bug or am training for a half marathon, but because its a cool race. Its in Maine in the fall and is called Trails to Ales.  So you run on trails and drink beer.  Sounds like my perfect day.

However, I got to thinking, how serious am I?  Do I want to run a 10k?  Am I happy just the way I am?  Or should I challenge myself?  I tend to think that I'm happy where I am and what I'm doing, however, I could do a run/walk for this race or another 10k just to try the experience.  After all, its only one more mile than the 5 miler right?  (I have the gut feeling that the one mile feels like so much more though!)

I had intended to start seriously training for a 10k.  However, things changed in my life and I'm in the middle of a move, starting a new company and a few other things that have taken my attention away.  So  I'm undecided, and open to thoughts or suggestions.  But I could always go and hang out at the finish like for the beer right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment