Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stress

Well I've had some crazy things happen recently.  And let's just say I don't do well with stress.  And so I have been sleeping poorly, and things have just been a bit off.  Personally, professionally, things have just been a bit too much over the past few weeks.  And today something changed.  I don't want to say I gave up or that I don't care any more because that's not true.  However, I think maybe something just "gave out" and I can't put forth the effort required to be extremely stressed out anymore.

I woke up this morning and was exhausted.  I dragged myself into my running shorts. Its a balmy 6o degrees here in CT today, VERY unusual for this time of year.  I drove to my park and started my watch.  Well then I just ran.  And didn't think about anything except the running.  I don't know what songs played on my ipod or the colors of the houses I passed, I just know that while I was running I somehow managed to outrun the issues that have been following me.

I don't run fast so they must be really out of shape!

I am wondering what's next for me in life.  I am considering a change of career direction, in order to protect myself from recent events happening again.  I don't know what the future holds and I can only plan so much.  However, I know that whatever the next few weeks bring my way, running will be there to help me deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment