Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Not Running

Well for the first time in a LONG time, I am happy not running.  I've taken a few days off due to a crazy, hectic schedule, being exhausted and fighting the world's most persistent cold.  And although I'm usually a mental person when I'm not running, I'm happy, resting, and learning to deal with not being able to fit running into my life for a few days.  This is huge people.  Huge.

That being said, I have a nice long run planned for this weekend and lots of new routes printed out to try.  Oh and two new races on the calendar to train for.  And I spent part of this afternoon working on a very special costume to wear to a New Year's race...its a penguin!  See the attached photo...its the pieces that will become a penguin costume...My husband thought I was crazy when I asked to go tot he craft store yesterday to get felt and googly eyes.

However, NOT running has taken away my emotional outlet...the time I give myself to think about things and make decisions.  So I feel a little frantic and emotional.  Thing that I can usually compartmentalize aren't so easy to address without running.  And so, I have my clothes laid out for tomorrow morning, for a quick run before the start of another busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment