Saturday, September 22, 2012

Craft a Day

Okay lately I've been feeling crafty.  Combined with the upcoming holiday season, I've decided to start making some presents and some crafts.  I used to craft all the time and then I opened my own business. Let's just say life got in the way and I stopped everything for a long time.  Here are a few of the crafts I've made recently:

The first thing is a Cath Kidston bag.  The fabric came as part of a kit/book that a great friend bought me YEARS ago.  While the instructions were in "British" and it took me a bit of time and Googling to decipher, I think it came out great and I can't wait to use it.  Its adorable and I'm going to keep my doggie leashes in it :)



The second craft is a dog silhouette.  It was really easy to make and while I love the small version, I plan on making a bigger version to use as wall art.  It was really easy to make.  I took a side profile picture of my dog.  (This was the toughest part because she HATES her picture being taken.)  I printed it out on my regular printer in greyscale.  I cut that out (very carefully), and then taped it down (with removable tape) to a piece of card stock.  I did this backwards so that I could trace and when I flipped it over the lines wouldn't show.  I traced and then cut it out.  I mounted this to another piece of contrasting card stock and put it into a frame.  Easy and cute!  My husband loved it!



I've made about 6 pairs of earrings and other assorted beading projects.  I can't tell you much about them because they are holiday presents and they are still under wraps :)
However, I will tell you I love Fusion Beads and their inspiration site.  There are lots of great and inexpensive projects for everyone from beginner to advancer jewelry makers.
http://www.fusionbeads.com/Inspiration-Projects

I'll go over some of my other crafts in a few more posts...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment