Monday, September 10, 2012

Camping Wrap Up

Now that I'm back in civilization, I wanted to take the time to write about our recent camping trip.  Sebago Lake in Maine is one of my favorite places in the whole world.  The smell of the campfires, the feel of the wind and water and the beautiful surroundings are all amazing and year after year, make me feel centered and whole.

This year was no different.  Despite having to leave the trip and arriving late, we made the best of our time there.  We sat in the hammock, read on the beach, swam, kayaked, sat my the fire (and made S'Mores!), laughed with family and just generally relaxed.

The thing I love most about camping is that you have no schedule.  You have no concept of time except for the rise and fall of the sun and feeling hungry from time to time.  I love not knowing what I'm going to do next and not having to complete any one task.

I'm not a beach girl anywhere else, but I love sitting o the beach, reading a book and looking out at the lake and hearing the sound of the waves.  I managed to read three books while camping!  My phone breaking at the start of the trip made it easier to put it down.

I did get a little work done and yes we have mobile internet, but mostly we hang out as a family, chat and go to bed ridiculously early.  We also eat a lot!  My in laws have a giant, elaborate camp kitchen and they cook these awesome meals starting with a BIG breakfast that anyone would love to start their day with!

There are some traditions that we complete every year; a walk out to the "big rock", having Jiffy Pop, biking around the "loop", hanging Christmas lights...etc.  The traditions change little and it amazes me that as I've changed so much over the years, this place in my life stays so wonderfully the same.

Here are a few shots from the trip:





No comments:

Post a Comment