Friday, September 28, 2012

Craft A Day Part Four

I've still bee crafting!  I've done a few that I'm not going to share until after the holidays as they will become presents, but I'm shocked at 1.  How easy craft stuff is to get via Etsy now.  (The supply section makes it great!)  2.  How friendly people who craft are.  I've asked a lot of questions of other crafters on Etsy and as long as you don't want to sell their designs, most are willing to share tips and ideas.  3.  I belong to Amazon prime and for selected items I ca get free shipping.  I've been on a rotating schedule of making, selecting a new craft, ordering supplies and waiting for them to come in.
I visited Michaels today and have most of the supplies for two more crafts too!

Okay I've retaught myself how to crochet.  I used to do it a lot.  However, its been over ten years and things have changed.  I now live near a very nice yarn store and going in was like visiting a candy shop.  Everything was pretty and inspiring.  I got some organic, hand dyed cotton yarn for my projects. It was must nicer than the stuff I used to buy at my local Wal-Mart.  I love crocheting because you can throw it in a bag and do it everywhere, including while watching TV.

I made some bath scrub to use right now, while the weather is getting dry and my legs and feet are already showing it.  I following this recipe:  1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil and essential oil. For a brown sugar scrub, try 2 cups brown sugar, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup honey and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.




I sugget adding a little more sugar until it becomes a little more "dry".  Put into ball jars and give as presents or keep for yourself!

I also made tee shirt scarves.  I had no hope for this one, but others who had tried it on Pinterest seemed to like it so I gave it a shot.  I visited Wal-Mart and bought two extra large men's tee shirts.  You cut the bottom hem off and set it aside.  Then cut strips 1-2 inches in width, going all the way to the arms.  Then, stretch the strips out.  Gather them together.  Use the hem that you set aside and cut  it so its one long strip.  Tie a knot around the other strands and then wrap it.  The scarf looks cute doubled up, single, etc.  These would be really fun for kids to make and can really come in any size you can find a tee shirt in!




Up next; glitter ornaments, beeswax candles and stencils ceramic ware.  More posts to come!  Oh and I bought the BEST glitter kit today!  






No comments:

Post a Comment