Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Meditation Station

I've been meditating on and off for a few years.  However, I've never given myself a dedicated space for it. I've always lived in small spaces and I've never wanted to take space away from other things just to create a spot for myself.

I have a very good friend who has been encouraging me to meditate more frequently.  That, combined with a few physical items coming into myself recently, encouraged me to create space for myself.

I cleaned off a surface where I has some household decor items and accessories and gave it a good cleaning.  I then looked around my space for things that made me happy and blissful.

The same friend who was encouraging me to meditate had sent me an adorable mini pillow for my birthday and another amazing friend has sent me a crystal ball. These were no brainers to include in my space.



I also included an amethyst stone, a mini mala (http://www.jewelsofsaraswati.com), a candle holder (and candle inside) and a Buddha head that I had received as a sample recently.  (Wayfair.com).

I also placed a chime there to ring in the start and end of my sessions.  I left some of the picture frames there to remind me of places and times I love and feel calm.  The lamp had to stay as it's a very dark corner.

I have a Zafu on the floor too :)  (http://thejoyfulorganizer.com/2012/12/13/meditation-cushion-review-do-you-zafu/)

Overall, I'm happy with the space I created.  I know things will come and go from it as time goes on.  It's a little oasis in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment