Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lip Scrub

I recently ran out of my favorite lip scrub.  I use it not only to deal with chapped winter lips but to take care of my skin.  My dermatologist told me to exfoliate my fave twice a week, including my lips.

Not wanting to go out to the mall to buy more (I know I sound horribly lazy!), I decided to see if I could make some.  I spent a lot of time online looking at different "recipes"  I decided to go off on my own with what I had in the house.

I started out with brown sugar, honey and coconut oil.  I happened to have a small packet of coconut oil ready to use for a project like this.

I got a bowl out and measured out 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.  I used the back of the measuring spoon to break out the clumps and make sure it was smooth.  I then added 1 tablespoon coconut oil.  If your coconut oil is too thick, microwave it for a few seconds.  I also added one tablespoon honey.  It took a little while to come together but it created a nice consistency.

I then put it in a glass jar so I can use it in the morning.

It works great, tastes good and is dirt cheap to make. What a great present idea too!

No comments:

Post a Comment