Saturday, March 8, 2014

Doggie Cupcakes

So, this weekend I'm doggie sitting a total of five dogs.  Three are border collies.  Yes, it's a lot.  Yes, it's going to be crazy.  And yes, I'm willing to bribe them into goo behavior.  So today I baked some doggie cupcakes.

I've made a different version of these before but I really liked the way these came out.  I changed up some of the ingredients so they looked a little more like cupcakes.







I used a regular muffin pan and cupcake papers.  When you fill the cupcake papers, fill them higher than you would with cake mix as they don't rise.

I combined the following in my mixer:
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tea spoons baking soda
2 tea spoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy).  Make sure it's all natural!
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup honey or agave
2 cups shredded carrots (you can buy them shredded, but they lack moisture)

Put into cupcake papers and bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  I then tucked a mini Milk Bone into the top (partially to let my family know they were doggie cupcakes).

I think they came out really cute and as the first two were devoured in seconds flat, I know they are a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment