Friday, October 4, 2013

Happiness is Fall Running

It is the start of October here in CT and the leaves are changing.  When a breeze blows the leaves fall like snow.  It's beautiful.  There aren't tons of leaves on the ground, but just enough to make the trail look pretty and start crunching under your feet.

The air is crisp at this time of year.  And I love wearing capris and a tank or shorts and a long sleeve shirt.  Roxy LOVES it when I open the sun room on the way home.  I love stopping for a latte on the way home too.


As I get back into running, I'm being reminded of a few important lessons:

The first is that I need to eat before I run.  I can't go out and run for 30-60 minutes and have nothing in my system.  It's not a good idea.  So I'm relearning what I enjoy eating before I head out the door.  I'm not a big breakfast person so a coffee and a piece of fruit is winning.  However, I am going to pick up some mini granola bars in case I don't have fruit on hand.

I'm working on my systems to carry my phone with me for my longer runs/woods runs, and have Roxy attached to my waist on her leash, have my iPod and headphones and car key. It will be easier with more layers and more pockets!

I'm remembering how hard it is to remember to foam roll too.  And how important it is!  Oh, and the LAUNDRY really adds up!!

Fall has always been my favorite time of the year to run.  However, this year I'm just to happy and grateful to be running again that it is even more amazing.

Oh and Roxy's training is going along extremely well.  We can pass people with no people or barking now.  I'm hoping she remembers this and keep up the good work!


No comments:

Post a Comment