Sunday, October 20, 2013

Chia Pods

Okay so I've been a big fan of chia seeds for a while.  However, they aren't always the easiest to get and find a way to eat or drink.  As they gain in popularity, there are more products incorporating chia seeds.

The Chia Co. has released the Chia Pod and it's almost dessert like.  Chia pods are small containers made up of 30% recycled materials.  They come with a little spoon so they are great on the go.

Each Chia Pod is made up of chia seeds, coconut milk and another ingredient that gives it the specified flavor.  They have blueberry, mango, banana and vanilla bean.




I originally didn't like the sound of the fruit flavors.  However, they were my favorite.  The unique fruit flavors add a tartness to the coconut milk.

The Chia Pods are a great snack that is dairy free and provides 25% of your daily fiber.  I think they also give you lots of energy and I love having one of these before I head out for a run.  Your entire day's omega intake is covered in a Chia Pod too.

I also buy mini packet of chia seeds from the Chia Co. They make it easy for me to take chia seeds with me anywhere!

Take a look at their whole selection on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment