Thursday, April 10, 2014

Running with Your Dog and Kurgo

Heading out for summer fun means you need to do a little preparation and be safe with your pooch.  I was able to try out some of Kurgo's products to help you get and stay fit (and safe!) with your dog!



Their Quantum Leash is pretty awesome.  I love it because I can grab one leash and use it any way I need to.  I like to run with my dog around my waist and that's easy to do.  If I'm walking and need to be hands free for a phone or coffee, I can wear the leash cross body.  Of course you can also hand hold the leash or tether it if you're stopped at a picnic table on a hike.  The best part, is that this leash does double duty for two dogs!  The leash is soft to hold (For other dogs owners who have dogs who are high energy you know why this is important!) and bright in color so you can always find it.  Working out with your dog means better health for everyone.  If you have the right gear, it's going to be easier and more enjoyable for everyone.

If you're thirsty, your dog is too.  And while many owners bring water bottles for themselves, they often forget their pooches.  Instead of taking an extra bottle, just bring along a collapsable bowl like Kurgo's Collapse a Bowl.  It pops down so it's flat and attaches to their Quantum Leash.  This way you always have it on hand.  You can stop, let your dog drink and then collapse it again and be on your way.  It's BPA free and dishwasher safe.  I like that it is light weight and can be thrown into any bag without taking up space or adding weight.  Because it is silicone, it also sits easily and firmly on the floor of a tent or car.

Being safe means being seen.  Kurgo's Reflective Dog Vest runs on batteries and offers visibility for hundreds of feet.  Even if you decide not to use its light up feature, the reflective orange vest stands out in the woods.  Awesome for hiking, hunting or swimming, this vest helps you see your dogs and others see both of you.  (I like to use it while my dog is swimming so I can clearly see her in the water.)  It's adjustable and my dog doesn't even know she's wearing it.  It's light weight and cool and gives me peace of mind and safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment