Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Another Protein Shake Winner

Unless you are using a mix, sometimes making a great protein shake isn't as easy as it seems…..at leas not for me.  There are a lot of duds until you find a great one.

Here's another one I think is a winner….again I didn't measure everything, but I made it to the consistency I thought would taste best.  The only thing I'd change is to throw in an ice cube to make it all colder.



Handful of blueberries.  I used fresh but frozen would work just as well.

A whole banana.  You could use less if you wanted, but I love banana and I didn't have anything to do with the remainder.

Almond milk, just enough to cover the fruit.

A tablespoon of plain greek yogurt-for consistency.

A small amount of almonds.

It takes a little while to grind everything up, but it's worth the wait.  It's a great protein shake with flavor, antioxidants and for those of us who fright foot and leg cramps, potassium.

I forgot to take a picture though!  However, it was a creamy blue color.

1 comment:

  1. I use pretty much all frozen fruit, including freezing my bananas. The smoothie is super cold without using ice, and the frozen banana gives creaminess to the consistency. Mmm!!

    ReplyDelete