Tuesday, January 28, 2014

New Favorite Protein Shake

I've been playing with protein shakes a lot lately and I've finally come upon a recipe that isn't too sweet, too fruity and has enough protein to make me happy.

I usually don't measure the ingredients and see how they mix up when I blend them.  However, these are some approximations for you:

One small carton of coconut water
Tablespoon of organic almond butter
1 scoop protein powder.  (I use hemp protein)
Tablespoon of yogurt (More if you like a thinner consistency and less if you like a thicker shake.)
Ice (If you want it cold, it tastes great without it too.)
1 banana



Blend and enjoy!  It feels a little decadent and tastes like dessert!  If you want to, you can add a little honey or agave to make it sweeter.  Peanut butter would work well too I'm sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment