Sunday, June 16, 2013

New Routines

Well since spraining my ankle, and making it through a New England winter, Roxy and I have slowly and steadily been getting back into a running routine.

While I love trail running, it isn't always the easiest for me to fit into my schedule.  My favorite park is about 30 minutes away.  AND we aren't able to socialize with other dogs or people there.

So, we've been going to our town recreation center which has a 1.2 mile paved/gravel path with minimal hills etc.
Very wet running shoes from playing in puddles with Roxy.


I'm working my way back up to 15 miles a week.  I would love to get back to 20 but I know that my time and body have limitations and I'm learning to work with those.

In the summer, humid days make it tough for me to breathe with my asthma so we are trying to get out in the morning.



We're working on Roxy's training too.  She is still a little afraid of strangers and gets excited when we see other dogs.  Many times we can "run around" them, but sometimes we have to stop and pull off to the side or move around a bit.  It is a small price to pay for having a running buddy who loves being out there so much.

I will say I've gone from finding running painful again to being able to put in a few easy miles and not feel as if I will be exhausted later on.
Sometimes Roxy even sleeps when we get home!

We often stop at the library on the way home or Starbucks for a latte.  I think that even through both Roxy and I need the workout, we love the time together the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment