Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stormy Weather

I've recently been having some challenges and things have been thrown into flux in my life.  While things are on their way to being worked out....I've come to realize a few very important things.  What has become most apparent to me is that we all go through our lives without being grateful.  We run through our lives forgetting to call those we love.  We find ourselves too busy to have lunch with a friend.  In lots of cases, we take our family for granted and fail to tell them we love them.

My friends and family have made me feel so loved and supported in a time that that could have made me feel very alone.  I've received cards, calls, texts and lots of hugs.  And I've realized that I am so very grateful for those around me, each and very day.

So what can I do to hold onto this feeling and what can you do to get it?  First of all, I think you should let everything know how important they are to you.  Even you don't see people every day, or even every week or month, chances are, you know that they are there for you and that thought comforts you.

With all of the technology we have there is no excuse not to send an email, a text or make a phone call letting your loved ones know you care.

So while I know I will get busy and fail to communicate as often as I should, the lessons I've learned will stay with me and I know that sometimes a hug is the most precious gift of all.





No comments:

Post a Comment