Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Low Fat Thai

Okay I'm always on the prowl for new yummy things to make, especially ones that are healthy.  And some of them turn out, well, like they taste healthy.

But I came across one for healthy peanut pasta....I made some adjustments and I'm in love.  Its my new favorite thing to eat for lunch or dinner.

The portion below is for one person.  If you want to make enough for two or more, you need to double it.
1-2 ounces whole wheat pasta  (I like using spaghetti)
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Cook the pasta separately.  In a wok, cook the peanut butter, brown sugar, water and lime juice.  Add some shelled edamame, and cook for another minute.

Strain the pasta and add it to the sauce.

If you want to have even more protein, add some grilled chicken.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment