Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Friendship

This isn't a running related post, it's about life and how line has been made so much richer in the past few years.  It's been enhanced through friendship.

A few years ago I realized that I was putting work first and some of my friendships were one sided.  Toxic relationships are worse than none at all.  I realized that true friendships need work.  Just like a successful marriage, you need to work at things every single day.

I love that texting and Facebook do allow me to send a quick note to friends just to tell them to have a great day or wonder how something in their lives went.  It's a great way to keep in touch without spending a lot of time.



I have also found that true friendships are amazing mood lifters.  It's no secret that sometimes the last thing you want to do is hang out with people and chat with them when you're feeling sweat pant wearing blue.  However, in those times it's the best thing you can do to call a friend, tell them you're down and talk it out.

I love that my friends are there for me, day and night and I know that we can talk about anything-work, life, money, love, events, and of course fashion.

I have been able to surround myself with people who love life and friendship as much as I do.  And I know it's not all wine glasses and parties, it's a life connection that you feel each and every time you talk.   I'm so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment