Saturday, July 6, 2013

Island Life

Well we've been in Maine a little over a week.  While the weather hasn't been playing nice, I will say it has been the most productive vacation I've ever had.  Crafting and working on long term projects I haven't found time for at home has been great.

I have been running, just about every day.  Just a few miles, a little faster than I've been running at home has made for a great combination.

For the first time ever I've been running with Roxy on the road.  Roads here are narrow in spots and of course there are cars and people.  However, it is a great place for some "training wheels" runs with her on the waist leash.

Iv'e been rewarding her with some swimming.  We run a few miles, to a place where she can get in the water, then we run back.



We've been enjoying being out and despite a ferry horn and a siren, we've had few distractions and incidents.

My goal is to be able to run with Roxy anywhere, anytime and not worry about Roxy's reaction.

We do love running together and it makes it a little more about her than about me.

I've been fighting asthma issues with the fog and really moist air.  I also have a tendency to want to run every day we are here without the ability to supplement with indoor workouts and I need to remember that running every day isn't a great idea for anyone.

So, I'm hoping to get some yoga in outside and get some strength workouts in.  However, the fog needs to burn off a bit.  Being outside for just a few minutes leaves you wet and soggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment