Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkey Trot Wrap Up

On Thanksgiving morning, for the third year in a row, I ran the Ridgefield Turkey Trot.  It was the largest the race has ever been and as always it was a lot of fun.

I had stayed out pretty late the night before and eaten some junk food so my stomach was a little upset.  However, I was ready to just go out and have a good time.  I knew I wouldn't PR and I didn't want or need to.  As I've posted before, for various reasons, my training has been put on the back burner and I've been running more for the fun of it than anything else.

I wore long leggings and a long sleeve top.  I was cold at the start and as usual I heated up quite quickly.  I handed over my hat and gloves to my husband at the half way mark.  I could have even unzipped my top a little more.




I hadn't been wearing my barefoot shoes for training and they felt lightweight and amazing on my feet.

So I didn't PR.  As a matter of fact, I didn't push it at all.  I ran slow and steady and since I didn't wear my watch and they didn't call times I have no idea where I was on miles etc.  It was the first race ever that I just truly went out to have fun, and didn't care about timing etc.  It was liberating.

Big thanks to my husband who, as always, got up at the crack of dawn and stood in the cold to take photos.  My uncle also ran with me.  Its so much fun to have a family event like this to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment